Phone: 0409 786 659

Aussie snake handler bitten by deadly pet taipan



Author: Craig Adams
Date: Wednesday, November 08, 2017

The following story was published by The West Australian, Monday November 6


An Aussie snake handler is fighting for life after being bitten by one of the most venomous snakes in the world.

Nathan Chetcuti was bitten by his new pet, the deadly inland Taipan, on Sunday afternoon.

Seven News understands the 19-year-old’s dad was able to call emergency services and rush Mr Chetcuti to Redcliffe Hospital where he is now fighting for life.

“(Inland Taipan’s) really have a double punch with their venom,” snake expert Christina Zdenek said.

“It has profound devastating effects.”

Mr Chetcuti is no stranger to snakes, and as a python breeder, has dozens of non-venomous lizards and snakes at his North Lakes home.

He’s been bitten by his pets before, but nothing of the inland Taipan magnitude.

It’s believed the snake lashed out as Mr Chetcuti tried to put his new pet back in it’s enclosure.

Mr Chetcuti’s family are at his bedside as he continues his fight for life.


Recent Posts


Tags


Archive


Find Blog Post by Date

SuMoTuWeThFrSa
   1234
567
8
91011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930