Fauna Spotter Catcher Training
Created by SSSAFE and Kleinfelder, our intensive Fauna Spotter Catcher training program is the ONLY one of its kind – offering a nationally recognised accreditation on completion.
The SSSAFE Fauna Spotter Catcher training program is a 3-day intensive, hands-on course that gives participants access to live animals and training guided by experienced professionals. The course provides a focus on:
- Improving fauna handling skills and general husbandry knowledge for a range of species typically encountered in the field;
- Fauna management and legislative requirements;
- Developing analytical and observational skills for better decision making to create a safer workplace;
- Safety standards for Fauna Spotter Catchers in the mining and construction industries;
- Highlighting the importance of communication and teamwork to the Fauna Spotter Catcher role;
- First Aid and Snake Bite response procedures.
This course is suitable for beginners right through to experienced ecologists and fauna spotter catchers looking to upgrade their skills and gain a competitive edge. For training costs and information contact us.
Successful trainees will be accredited for units of competency pertaining to the Respond to Wildlife Emergencies: AHCFAU301A which allows for capture and relocation of fauna that is at risk. All applicants who are deemed competent at the completion of the course will be issued with a National Accreditation in accordance with the Australian Quality Training Framework. The RTO assessing competency and issuing the certificate is Walan Miya, RTO Id 21359.